Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 31, 2014

The Darkness of My Heart



Tears fall endlessly, within the darkness
of my heart. For I have been forgotten,
abandoned, like a lost child left behind
without recourse.

You held my hand, and begged me to turn
back, from the shadowy world of passion.
Where broken hearts, and shattered dreams
exist in agony, upon the alters of romance.

But fleeting kisses, soon gave way to sensual
touches, and the silken voice of flattery.
Where love is but an illusion, meant to hide
the endless trysts of my tainted heart.

Where I once had your love, there is now only
emptiness. Now only the wicked laughter of
my vanity, lifts up its voice in a toast to my folly.

I am now a captive of my hearts darkest
desires and am led astray by my the anger within
my soul.

Among neon lights, and faceless people with
forgotten names, I seek out the love that was once
mine, but which I lost through my endless fault.

A bartender smiles and serves me up a drink,
and somewhere in the distance I hear your
laughter. Only to realize that it is only, my own
heart mocking of me.

I step out into the night, with only the sound of
my footsteps to accompany me. As I search futilely
for the one true love lost forever, within the
darknessof my heart!

Frank Solis
Copyright 2014
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment