Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Fury within a Broken Heart




When you left, I thought my happiness would end.
There I was, alone in an unfriendly world. But then
a child smiled at me one day, and the sun came
forth through my gray skies.

I  still feel sad, when I awaken and remember,
but  you have chosen to move on. Like a beautiful
dream, which one does not want to forget, yet still
disappears, bit by bit, I try to hold on. But even as
my tears fall into my empty cup, I shall strongly 
defy your absence.

For I will not bow before your neglect, nor feed
the ego of your disrespect. Instead I will find
the strength to not allow you the pleasure of
boasting that I was once your trophy. I disavow
any part in the romantic story you wrote for me.

I will now write a new song for my life. One
which trumps the sad one you wrote for me. 
I will smile, laugh, and love once more, for in a 
passionate kiss within a strangers arms, I will surely
find, the fury within a broken heart.

Copyright 2013 Frank S. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment