Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 11, 2013

Standing in the Shadows of Love


You pass by, but never see me. When I speak
you hear me, but you never listen. Like a shadow, 
I stand beside you, always there but never
found.

To be glanced at, but never noticed, to lie beside
you at night but to not share your dreams, to go
unseen is the worst heartache of all.

Perhaps one day, you will open your eyes and see me
standing in the shadows of your love? Until then my tears
will fall into the abyss of your neglect and broken promises.

I am the cry, that goes unheard, the tears which go unseen.
The sky without the sun, and the flower without the bee,

A lonely shadow, of a love that once was and is now forgotten,
within the darkness of a ritual, performed  upon the vain altar
of life. Now, where once there was love, there is nothing.

Copyright 2013 Frank S. All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment