Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 8, 2013

Between Heaven and Hell



I walk to places we once visited,
and in the gentle breeze, I sense
your presence.  Memories surround me,
and the ghosts of the good times we
shared beckon me.

The mist covers my eyes, and
mercifully, hides my tears.
For times were perfect then,
and I always thought they would
last forever.

However, fate always seems to
intervene, when destiny beckons.
Now, the loneliness covers my heart,
and I can no longer see your face,
or hear the sweetness of your voice.

My life is now an imperfect world,
and I live between the memories, of
our happiness and the sadness of our
loss. A place somewhere between
Heaven and Hell.


Copyright 2013 Frank S.
All Rights Reserved

 

2 comments:

  1. I liked reading all your poetry on your blog but I find I really connected with "Between Heaven and Hell" and "Standing in the Shadow of Love."
    You really have a wonderful gift Frank. I believe it takes someone to have real compassion and love to right this kind of beautiful poetry.
    I am not a poet but I do enjoy reading poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michiko, I appreciate your comment very much. I love to write romantic dark poetry that deals with emotions which too often lie hidden within the dark corners of one’s heart.

    ReplyDelete