Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Precipice



I stand upon the precipice of your heart.
Lost in love, but hesitant to enter, for
the winds of change are blowing strong
and still waters run deep.

Among the echoes of my ruminations
I listen for a clue. Should I enter or
should I abstain? How can I see into
the shadows within your heart?

You say your love is true, but how
can I tell what is real, when everything
in this world, lasts only for a period,
like some cruel illusion.

We are born, we love, and then we die.
So, how can you say, that our love will
last forever, when the silence of the
grave, will quiet both our hearts forever?

As my tears fall into the abyss, of true love,
I now stand upon, the precipice of your heart!

Copyright 2013 Frank S. All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment