Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wishing You Were Here



In the early morning mist
I thought I heard you calling
out my name. But when I
turned around, only the
ghosts of your memories
remained.

How I long to hold you close
and feel your sweet breath
upon my face. To see your
smile lighting up my world.

If only you were here, we
could go to the little café
where we would sit for
hours and talk, looking
just like two fools in love.

Then we could walk to the
park and lay in the grass and
wait for each other to take
the first kiss.

Maybe we could lie in bed
together and listen to each
others hearts, beat for one
another, until the night
comes and makes us her
own.

Then deep within the soul
of the barrio, we could make
love, and lose ourselves
within each others arms.

I wish you were here, every
moment of the day. Because
it’s just not the same to be in
love,  while your away!

Frank Solis Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment